Memry is a world leader in medical and industrial applications requiring nitinol alloys and complex manufacturing processes. With decades of steadily increasing competency in nitinol vacuum metallurgy, we partner with our customers developing advanced materials and providing design assistance for components utilizing nitinol.
Thanks to its extraordinary properties, nitinol has opened significant markets in a growing list of medical applications, including widely used implantable and one-time use medical devices. Nitinol's unusual ability to accommodate large strains, combined with its compatibility with the human body, have made it one of the most commonly used materials in medical device design. Learn more about nitinol.
Memry’s major medical markets & applications
Interventional cardiology, endovascular surgery and interventional neuroradiology
- AAA stent grafts, PTCA catheter shafts, peripheral stent tubing and interventional delivery systems
Cardiovascular surgery, general surgery and laparoscopic surgery
- Valve sizers, tissue retractors and hand-held instrument components
Sports medicine and spinal surgery
- Bone staples, suture retrievers, k-wires and tissue anchor delivery systems
Urology, gastrointestinal, otolaryngology and endoscopy
- Snares, graspers, esophageal stents and sinus implants
- Arch wires, orthodontic clips and endodontic files
Nitinol and other advanced alloys are used in key components in the aerospace and automotive industries, particularly where thermal shape memory enables actuators.
Memry’s major industrial markets & applications
- Sealing plugs and locking rings
- Locking rings, actuators and connectors for electronic and safety devices
- Specialty antennas, wire, harness & cable
Our parent company, SAES Getters, has extensive experience in industrial applications, which we tap as we work with customers.