Function as an integral part of the sales team, utilizing strong professional and technical skills to identify, initiate and prioritize product and market development activities at large existing and new strategic accounts, emphasizing focus on contract manufacturing services for the device industry. Establish, maintain, and expand customer base within these large customers and increase market share, achieving maximum sales growth in accordance with company’s business plan. Work internally with Operations, Engineering, Quality and Customer Service to ensure prompt and effective communication with all customers.
- Stimulate continued growth and profitability in the medical device contract manufacturing segment through the development and execution of targeted marketing strategies, aimed primarily at large, strategic customers.
- Assure that market intelligence is received and accurately analyzed to capitalize on market opportunities as they develop and that the effects of competitive activity may be minimized.
- Direct and function as primary sales contact for assigned strategic accounts, both existing and new (targeted).
- Be able to demonstrate Nitinol technical knowledge and the design potentials within.
- Develop relationships internal to Memry in an effort to maximize efficiencies within R&D, Manufacturing, QA and customer service.
- Develop and cultivate strong dialog and customer relations through effective and efficient interface with customer purchasing, engineering, quality and management executives.
- Obtain competitive position and industry information and use this information to provide feedback related to market conditions and customer relations, so as to evaluate and modify tactics to increase market share and exceed sales targets.
- Support activities of and direction established by Director/VP of Sales.
- Develop call patterns & visits accordingly.
- Approach quotations processing along strategic guideline
- Communicate account needs to internal resources and manage activities within all accounts.
- Report on a weekly basis all relevant customer specific information.
- Exhibit at medical device trade shows a few times a year to develop contacts and generate sales opportunities.
- Ability to make presentations to customer and industry groups in a clear and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with customers’ development teams on technical issues to expand relationships, thereby increasing market awareness of company reliability and technical prowess.
- Work with customers’ technology groups to assure the specification of company’s services into customers’ products on a regular basis, thereby forging long-term partnerships with these organizations.
- Negotiate contracts, supply agreements and non-disclosure agreements pertaining to current, future and prospective business relationships.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of medical device contract manufacturing sales/engineering experience preferably in tubing, wire forming, grinding, completed device, and/or assembly companies
- One (1) year of experience managing one or more large, strategic accounts.
- 4 year college degree (engineering) preferred with additional professional Sales training.
- Knowledge of the medical device industry and its products is helpful; experience with similar products and markets.
- Ability to quickly develop a detailed knowledge of internal production operations, customers’ production operations, and competitive landscape.
- Ability to work well with others in the organization.
- Self-motivated, requiring little supervision following training period.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to be persuasive in presentations.
- Willingness to learn Nitinol material properties and the fundamentals within. Air
- Air Travel estimated at ~ 50%.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to marcy_macdonaldmemry [dot] com