The main focus of the individual working in this position is producing and repairing tooling for use in production or in the manufacture of prototypes. This position requires good working knowledge of machining various materials, equipment care and maintenance, with a strong emphasis on safety. Must be able to read and understand prints.
- Machine parts to print, sketch, or descriptive requirements using available tools and equipment
- Create and troubleshoot programs for CNC lathe and mills (4 and 5 axis)
- Work with engineering and manufacturing to produce and repair tooling and machine components
- Provide constructive input on designs to make them easier to manufacture or lower cost
- Work in a team environment to support company’s key projects and initiatives
- Provide cost savings and process/product improvement ideas
- Provide accurate time and material estimates from prints
- Troubleshoot problems and define preventative and corrective actions
- Self starter, must be able to work under minimal supervision and guidance
- Maintain equipment, and model shop tooling and supplies to support work
5-7 Years minimum machining experience
- Lathe, Bridgeport miller, Surface & OD grinding, EDM, CNC Mill, and CNC Lathe
- Familiarity with Haas, Mitsubishi, and DMG controls
- CAD / CAM experience required. Preferably Solidworks, GibbsCAM, and CamWorks
- Multi-axis machining experience required
General Metallurgy knowledge relating to the heat treatment of metals to produce desired hardness.
Good communication skills a must
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general prints and specifications. Communicate with peers and management regarding any issues that may arise.
$25-$35/hour commensurate with experience
To apply for this position, please send your resume to marcy_macdonaldmemry [dot] com