The qualified individual is the technical leader of the metal finishing operations of Memry Corp. As such, she/he is responsible for the investigation, definition and optimization of the surface finishing of Nitinol components.
- As technical leader for chemical operations, evaluate, design, monitor and optimize the metal finishing/ chemical processes by adopting a data-driven approach, performing DOEs and enhancing process capabilities
- Provide subject matter expertise for the Nitinol finishing operations, that include the following main processes: de-scaling/de-oxidizing, etching for mass removal, electro-polishing, passivation and cleaning of surfaces
- Work alongside Product Development, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations and Quality departments to develop surface finishing processes at the highest quality level in a timely manner
- Promote data-driven technical investigation and innovation, evaluate improved and new chemical processes
- Promote and implement Good Manufacturing Practices as an evident part of all processes
- Create process control documents (Flow Chart, Control Plan, pFMEA, FAI, PPAP, etc…) in conjunction with applicable team members.
- Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: OSHA).
- The individual has to be knowledgeable and have direct experience about metal finishing processes such as etching and electro-polishing.
- The individual has to understand the purpose, functionality and chemistry behind major chemical compounds used in metal finishing, including but not limited to etchants, electro-polishing and cleaning solutions.
- BS or MS in Engineering with 5 years related experience, capable of working in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Electrochemical / Chemical engineering background strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient with MS Office. CAD solid modelling (preferably SolidWorks) is a plus.
- Experience with statistical analysis software (preferably Minitab) is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- General Metallurgy knowledge and/or knowledge of Nitinol properties and how processing changes these properties is a plus.
- Experience with Process Controls: Control Plan, pFMEA, DOE, MSA, etc. Experience working in ISO-9001/13485 or similar environment.
Excellent communication / organizational skills are must.
Most activities require standing.There are no heavy loads to carry.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Personal Protective Equipment has to be worn all the time when present in the chemical room.PPE includes jacket, safety googles and latex free gloves.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to marcy_macdonaldmemry [dot] com